Adam C. Mauck
Adam’s primary focus at Stockton & Stern, LLC is family and bankruptcy law. He is responsible for meeting with all of the firm’s family and bankruptcy law clients and handling their cases from start to finish.
Family law, which typically deals with the emotionally charged issues surrounding divorce, is a very dynamic and fast-paced area of the law. Many clients get caught in the whirlwind of emotions without ever even considering the long-term effects or consequences of their actions or inactions. Adam takes a broad look at the overall circumstances in each situation to help his clients achieve realistic and long-term solutions. In short, he provides much-needed counsel and support through what is often one of the most difficult times in a person’s life.
In bankruptcy, Adam understands the challenges that clients may be facing with certain creditors. Adam makes it a priority to be at your side for every step of the bankruptcy process with well-informed advice and supportive legal service that will put your mind at ease. His goal is to ensure that you complete the bankruptcy process in a smooth and hassle-free manner so that you can get your life back on track.
Adam began his career as a general civil litigator at a small, well respected Topeka law firm where he represented clients in real estate, business, personal injury, and contract litigation. Adam received his B.A. in History from the University of Kansas in 2014 and earned his J.D. from the University of Kansas in 2017, where he obtained a Certification in Business and Commercial Law. During law school, Adam clerked for the Honorable Chief Judge Richard Walker at the Harvey County District Court and obtained his Kansas real estate license while working for a large Kansas commercial real estate company. Adam is a member of the Johnson County Bar Association and the Kansas Bar Association. Adam joined Stockton & Stern in 2019.
Adam is married with two wonderful rescue dogs and is an avid fan of the Kansas Jayhawks, Kansas City Chiefs and Kansas City Royals. Adam has spent significant time in Scotland, Ireland, and Germany, where he accepted an award from city of Eutin, Germany for being the 2000th person to cross the Atlantic through the Lawrence-Eutin sister city program. In his spare time, Adam loves to travel, play golf, and spend time with his family and friends.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law: Divorce, Legal Separation, Paternity, Domestic Litigation, Child Custody and Visitation, Child Support, Parenting Plans, Alimony, Spousal Maintenance and Support, Grandparent Visitation, Step-Parent Adoptions, Pre-Nuptial and Post-Nuptial Agreements
- Bankruptcy: Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Cases
- Business & Commercial Law: Contract Drafting and Review, Transactional Drafting, Litigation and Mediation of Contract Disputes, and Business Litigation
- Real Estate Law: Contract Drafting and Review, Transactional Drafting, Litigation and Mediation of Land Disputes, Easements, Nuisance, Real Estate Litigation, and Lease Drafting and Review, Deeds
- Kansas, 2017
- U.S. District Court District of Kansas, 2017
University of Kansas School of Law , Lawrence, Kansas
- J.D. - 2017
- Honors: Awarded Business and Commercial Law Certificate
University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas
- B.A. - 2014
- Major: History
- Minor: Business
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Kansas Bar Association
- Johnson County Bar Association